Accessibility on our website epcresilience.com
We want everyone who visits the epcresilience.com website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
What are we doing?
To help us make the epcresilience.com website a positive place for everyone, we are using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the epcresilience.com website.
How are we doing?
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, and realise there are some areas that still need improving.
We run a weekly scan of the website against the WCAG 2.1 standards using Powermapper Site Sort and continue to work on any identified issues.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the following the non-compliances listed below which are being fixed.
- Ensure that text and background colors have enough contrast. WCAG 2.1 AA 1.4.3 Section 508 (2017) AA 1.4.3
- Headings should not be empty. WCAG 2.1 AA G130 Section 508 (2017) AA G130
- If you set any of the colours on the body or a elements you must set all of them. WCAG 2.1 AA F24 Section 508 (2017) AA F24
- Phrases in a different language should be in a span or div with a lang attribute. WCAG 2.1 AA 3.1.2 Section 508 (2017) AA 3.1.2
- The CSS outline or border style on this element makes it difficult or impossible to see the dotted link focus outline. WCAG 2.1 AA F78 Section 508 (2017) AA F78
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are tackling some of the key WCAG 2.1 A standard items that have been identified specifically around PDFs so they are tagged to be accessible to screen readers making sure document titles are included in the properties, changing general text where no surrounding text explains the link purpose. WCAG 2.1 A 1.3.1 Section 508 (2017) A 1.3.1
A refresh of the website will take place in early 2022 which we hope will address these issues.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact EPCMarketing@serco.com.
This accessibility statement was updated on 26th July 2021. The site was last tested on 25th July 2021 in-house using Powermapper Site Sort.